Logo Море(!) аналитической информации!
IT-консалтинг Software Engineering Программирование СУБД Безопасность Internet Сети Операционные системы Hardware
Архив форумов ЦИТФорума
Море(!) вопросов - Море(!) ответов

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
Как правильно задавать вопросы

Simple Question-With no Answer???!?

Перейти:  
Этот форум закрыт, вы не можете писать новые сообщения и редактировать старые.   Эта тема закрыта, вы не можете писать ответы и редактировать сообщения.    Список форумов Архив форумов ЦИТФорума -> Программирование
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
PAMAGITE
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июл 17 2004 03:26    Заголовок сообщения: Simple Question-With no Answer???!? Ответить с цитатой

Hi my name is Michael and i have specific question about HDD read/write sequence.
Is there any way to uderstand in program way when the data requsted from HDD is taken
from the physical surface or from somewhere else(cahe,buffer,or...)?
Thanks!
Michael
grayrat

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июл 17 2004 16:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I guess the only way to undersand where the data were read from is to estimate time of access
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
совсем незнакомый

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июл 17 2004 22:05    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Simple Question-With no Answer???!? Ответить с цитатой

PAMAGITE писал(а):
Hi my name is Michael and i have specific question about HDD read/write sequence.
Is there any way to uderstand in program way when the data requsted from HDD is taken
from the physical surface or from somewhere else(cahe,buffer,or...)?
Thanks!
Michael

if you mean CPU cache & let us assume you're familiar with:
1. OS version & payload for swap in/out of the VM module.
2. IDE controller's model and timings,
3. HDD timings etc.
it is possible.

if you use linux/ free *BSD, and the kernel is compiled with debugging symbols you can debug it and know specifically, so it is considerably easy to accomplish.

in other case [if you don't consider HDD's controller cache as HDD's surface] i don't know if there is a non JTAG way of knowing exactly what was going on, because the delay considerations are probability based,
and you may get really fast response from the surface, while thinking it was from the HDD's cache.

Cheers.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Michael.
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июл 17 2004 22:55    Заголовок сообщения: Read/Write Seqence Ответить с цитатой

Hi again,
Well no i'm talking only for the hdd-cache,if you are familiar with dos/win98,i need the answer because i need to know how and if Dos/win98 io.sys change this buffer/cache from where hdd takes the requested data.I have some experience in monitoring the boot process and especially the loading of io.sys in RAM and the executing.I'm almost sure that io.sys make some changes to this buffer/cache,'cause i dont see why when the data on the hdd is say(01 01 ff a0...) and you gave this data to io.sys but in modifyed state(via int 13h) the next time when the request is for the same sector int 13h returns the modifyed state or completely diffrent data that is not actually on the hdd surface(pattern).
So how to understand when the data is taken from the physical surface and when not (estimate time of access is not working in this case).
I have to be sure when the data is taken from hdd surface so i can give the io.sys the correct data.
(I guess under hdd surface i mean hdd's controller cache.)Is there any possibility that io.sys manipulate this cache???
Thanks
Michael
Этот форум закрыт, вы не можете писать новые сообщения и редактировать старые.   Эта тема закрыта, вы не можете писать ответы и редактировать сообщения.    Список форумов Архив форумов ЦИТФорума -> Программирование Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: